giovedì, aprile 26, 2007

IO & ANNIE (Woody Allen) - ending sequence

Un film nevrotico, lucido, malinconico - ancora attuale - sulla vita di coppia.
Un film che amo alla follia...


After that it got pretty late;
and we both had to go…
but it was great seeing Annie again:
I... I realized what a terrific person she was,
and... and how much fun it was just knowing her;

and I... I, I thought of that old joke, y'know...
this... this guy goes to a psychiatrist and says:
“Doc, uh, my brother's crazy:
he thinks he's a chicken."
And, uh, the doctor says:
"Well, why don't you turn him in?"
The guy says:
"I would, but I need the eggs."

Well, I guess that's pretty much now
how I feel about relationships;
y'know, they're totally irrational,
and crazy,
and absurd, and...
but, uh, I guess we keep goin' through it because, uh,
most of us...
need the eggs.